Stuart H. Sandhaus
Location: Torrance, California
Email: Click Here
Stuart H. Sandhaus is highly experienced with ERISA and non-ERISA disability, medical, long term care, and other related insurance claims. As a California Disability Attorney for more than twenty (20) years he has represented clients from north of San Francisco to San Diego who have been wrongfully denied their rightful insurance benefits. He personally handles every case and is a strong advocate for his clients. He has assisted clients with their applications for both Short Term Disability (“STD”) and Long Term Disability (“LTD”) insurance claims, and has represented clients who have been wrongfully denied their rightful STD or LTD insurance benefits. Mr. Sandhaus has extensive knowledge and experience in the handling of STD or LTD claims that are subject to ERISA regulations, successfully resolving over 90% during the complex administrative review process and resolving nearly 100% of the rightful ERISA disability claims that have had to proceed to litigation. Mr. Sandhaus understands complex illnesses and the impact these illnesses have on his clients. He is a strong advocate for his clients and is often available to them seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day and if unavailable will try to get back to his clients within twenty-four hours. Mr. Sandhaus is also an experienced federal court litigator and has successfully argued before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. He is an understanding and true advocate in obtaining the rightful benefits to which his clients are entitled.
Areas of Practice
- ERISA cases
- Non-Erisa cases
- Insurance litigation
- California, 1990
- Western State University College of Law, Fullerton, California
- J.D. – 1989
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.A. & M.A – 1977
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: B.A. & M.A. Political Science (earned concurrently honors dual degree program)
Honors and Awards
- U.S. Army Meritorious Service Medal
- June 8, 2018 Obvious and Subtle Signs of Elder Abuse and Neglect
- April 25, 2018 After the Enactment of the Jobs and Creation Act of 2017, Should a Taxpayer Use a C Corporation or a Pass-Through Entity to Conduct Business?
- September 29, 2017 Inflation-adjusted 2018 figures for various civil penalties
What Sets Us Apart?
- Over 3 Decades of Experience
- Specialist in taxation through the California Board of Legal Specialization
- Certified as a specialist in elder law through the National Association of Elder Law Attorneys