Attorneys Handling Financial Elder Abuse Cases
The elderly population is a prominent target for fraudulent schemes and financial exploitation. Financial abuse can take place at the hands of strangers — through mass mailings or phone calls soliciting funds, for example — or by trusted individuals such as caregivers, financial advisers, stockbrokers and investment managers.
Many seniors have spent decades of their lives investing the hard work necessary to build a legacy of wealth. When their life’s work is siphoned away by illegal and unethical conduct, the impact can be devastating for both the elderly victim and his or her loved ones.
Legal Options For Protecting Seniors And Recouping Lost Assets
If you or a loved one has been a victim of financial elder abuse, contact David Lee Rice, A Professional Law Corporation, in Torrance, to learn more about your legal options. California law takes a strong stance against all forms of exploitative conduct against elders. Even if the conduct did not rise to the level of criminal behavior, or if it did not come to light until after the victim’s death, it may still be a basis for a civil claim.
Our firm protects elders and their loved ones from further financial exploitation by vigorously pursuing claims against those who take advantage of seniors. We handle cases involving:
- Scam fundraisers
- Deceptive investment schemes
- Undue financial influence
- Theft of funds
- Mismanagement of bank accounts and investment assets
- Other underhanded or deceptive tactics to financially exploit elders
Numerous benefits stem from pursuing a claim. You can hold the perpetrator accountable and restore what was lost. In addition to recouping actual damages for the amount involved in the fraudulent conduct, you may also receive damages for pain and suffering, and punitive damages may be available in certain situations. The court can also hold the opposing party responsible for attorney fees you incur.
Our legal team can analyze the circumstances of your case to determine the most advisable course of action. As a certified specialist in elder law through the National Association of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), lawyer David Lee Rice understands how to accurately assess these cases and develop a strong approach geared toward success.
Dedicated To Protecting Elders
Call David Lee Rice, APLC, at 310-517-8600 or contact us online for more information about financial elder abuse. Conveniently located near Los Angeles, our lawyers handle financial elder abuse cases throughout Southern California.
- June 8, 2018 Obvious and Subtle Signs of Elder Abuse and Neglect
- April 25, 2018 After the Enactment of the Jobs and Creation Act of 2017, Should a Taxpayer Use a C Corporation or a Pass-Through Entity to Conduct Business?
- September 29, 2017 Inflation-adjusted 2018 figures for various civil penalties
What Sets Us Apart?
- Over 3 Decades of Experience
- Specialist in taxation through the California Board of Legal Specialization
- Certified as a specialist in elder law through the National Association of Elder Law Attorneys